Wednesday, November 7, 2007

QC2 West --


I added texture, contrast, and saturation to give this composition more life. I also attempted to merge the two vanishing points into one to give one central focus point.


There are two images of Downtown LA. I skewed, made transparent, flipped upside down, and/or exhaggerated the saturation of these images to show the texture and space of the city rather than show it as a postcard image.


The city was built by the man in the suit and for the man in the suit, that is why the image of the city landscape envelops this man. The homeless man, however is almost completely lost in this landscape.

2 comments:

Ramon said...

Vest,

FantastiCAL! I love the addition of 'color' to an otherwise mundane world. The 'earth' that shows up on the man in the suit's back, very cool.

The right side of the image is a little muddy, and there are some edges thoughout the image that are too harsh. Must be examined by the next person (Huey).

But, YES, this is exactly what was needed for this image. A business woman's pump wouldn't have hurt, but I guess that's my fetish that I have to deal with.

R

Cody Glen, Chris Parsell said...

I agree with Ramon... I'm glad you were able to carry out what made it live... thanks for that...

One thing for Huey to notice. I didn't originally. We see the backs of both men. Maybe that needs changing or maybe it directs what happens with it. Your call.