Thursday, November 8, 2007

central and albemarle


Hey, here's my version of the muerta and diablo dudes, although i still have to print it out and mess with it ala analog. Haven't gotten that far... this week has eaten my SOUL. I'm trying to wrest it back. So let me know if you aren't gonna make it, José, that's totally cool... I'm ashamed to say, I could use a mental health morning before my afternoon meetings... blargh. Anyway, I wanna darken out the devils on the right to better counter-balance the upper left and maybe do a really light wash over some of the white areas to just bright them up a bit more... stuff I'm gonna do in the ol' dirty studio, but I'm thinking un-loving things about my computer lately....

2 comments:

Ramon said...

Heather,

I dig the 'radiohead' feel (album cover artwork by Stan Donwood). It also has an early SUPERFLAT feel by Takashi Murakami (Which I'm really digging on at the moment). The background becomes texture/satelite info, and quite frankly I like the wishy-washiness about it. It really sets up the foreground exceptionally well.

I've not see a print out, but it looks good on the blog. I say it's close.

-Ramon

Jose said...

I agree with Ramon
I don't know how much additional work is needed here and this might be one to print out at 24 x 36 or something before making final decisions.

it almost looks like it could go to the large final format pretty much as is.

so, for a soul-dead artist, you still rock!